“Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential…experiences between birth and five has a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right. Good parenting and high quality learning together provide the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow up”
Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage”, Department for Children, Schools and Families, (2017)
The person responsible for developing Early Years at our school is Mrs L. Halsall.
At Whiston Willis, we commit to:
- Offering a safe, happy place where everyone is known and valued, and where differing needs are acknowledged, accepted and met.
- Encouraging each child to be independent and develop a sense of responsibility for themselves and respect for others.
- Providing a stimulating, carefully sequenced curriculum that will engage children, develop curiosity and cultural capital, preparing them both socially and academically for the next step in their learning journey.
- Developing a positive attitude to learning that will support them through life.
- Developing confidence and self –regulation skills.
- Valuing and incorporating all aspects of children’s lives, building a strong partnership with families and the wider community.